The conversion of raw energy into electricity is perhaps the defining human development of the past 130 years, enabling communications, mass production, and the heat and light we often take for granted.
LEAN is committed to the accelerated expansion and competitive success of CCAs.
LEAN Energy US (Local Energy Aggregation Network) is a non-profit, membership organization dedicated to the accelerated expansion and…
read more in About LEAN→
What is Community Choice Aggregation (CCA)?
Aggre-what? We know—it’s a terrible name for a relatively simple concept called group purchasing: in this case, electricity.
read more in About CCA→
CCA BY STATE
Six states – California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, and Rhode Island – have CCA legislation enabling local governments to aggregate the electricity loads of residents, businesses, and municipal facilities.
read more in CCA by State→
LEAN on These
CCA In The News
- Alameda County has accelerated its efforts to establish a CCA program by launching a technical study and formally announcing the creation of a county-wide steering committee. READ MORE
- On a 5-0 vote, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors passed a CCA resolution with initial funding for Phase I program investigation.
- San Diego focuses on Community Choice Aggregation to achieve their 100% clean power goals. READ MORE
Northfield extends electric aggregation pact one year. READ MORE
- Western Massachusetts demonstrating how CCA, aka Municipal Aggregation, works in concert with other innovative sustainability programs and local clean power projects. READ MORE
- Spiking energy prices drive interest in competitive power in Massachusetts. READ MORE
- The New York State Public Service Commission has recently approved the implementation of the very first Community Choice Aggregation pilot program in New York, described by the PSC as a “cutting edge initiative…” READ MORE
- Pennsylvania State Representative Harry Readshaw has introduced House Bill 778 to allow municipal electricity aggregation in Pennsylvania. READ MORE